Application Fee & Waivers
For each submitted application there is a non-refundable $75 application fee payable by credit card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express). Applications will not be processed until the application fee has been received.
Waivers Based on Program Participation
If you have participated in one of the programs below within the last two years, you are eligible for an application fee waiver. The application fee waiver selection is located in the payment section of the online application.
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minorities Students (ABRCMS)
- Careers Opportunity Research/NIMH (COR/NIHM)
- Currently enrolled graduate students in the WFU Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (current degree requirements must be completed prior to re-entry into the Graduate School)
- Gates Millennium Scholar
- Institute for Recruitment of Teachers (IRT)
- Leadership Alliance Summer Research Early Identification Program
- Mellon Minority Undergraduate Fellows Program
- Minority Access Research Careers (MARC)
- Minority Biomedical Research Support Program (RISE)
- National Association of African American Honors Programs (NAAAHP)
- National College Advising Corps (NCAC)
- Organization of American States (OAS)
- Peace Corps
- Ronald McNair Postbaccalaureate Achievement Program
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Teach for America
- WFU Graduate School Summer Research Participants (EICS, TSI, WFIRM, Spelman)
- U.S. Military Veterans or Currently Serving in the U.S. Military
Contact your director/coordinator to request a letter verifying your participation in the program and the dates of your participation. The letter may be sent via email or hard copy from the authorizing official to the appropriate Graduate School Office based on the master program or PhD Track to which you are making application.
Waivers Based on Financial Need
We also offer waivers to applicants currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program if they are able to demonstrate significant financial need (recipient of Federal Pell Grant, or NC Education Lottery Scholarship). You may contact your financial aid officer or the university registrar to request a letter verifying your financial need. The letter may be sent via email or hard copy from the authorizing official to the appropriate Graduate School Office based on the master program or PhD Track to which you are making application.
WFU Tuition Concession
If you or your spouse are employed by WFU, please click on the appropriate campus link below for information regarding a possible concession:
Privacy and Refund Policy
Wake Forest University is committed to protecting your privacy. Information you provide us is used solely to process your payment. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
Application fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable. No fees will be refunded unless the program is cancelled.
Wake Forest University reserves the right to change any of its website Privacy or Refund Policies at any time.