Admission - Costs & Financial Aid
2013-2014 Fee Schedule
Note: This is subject to change in subsequent years.
The following tuition costs will remain the same for both in-state and out-of-state students.
|Full-time Tuition (minimum 9 hours)||
|Part-time Tuition per hour||
|Audit Fee per hour, Part-time Students||
|Interpreting & Translation Studies Certificate per semester hour||
|Summer 2013, Online Campus per semester hour||
|Summer, Reynolda Campus per semester hour||
|Summer Session, Bowman Gray Campus||
- Students on either campus not enrolled in classes but using University facilities or faculty time for such projects as the completion of a thesis are required to register and pay a graduate student fee of $30 per semester or $15 for each term of the summer session.
- During both the academic year and the summer session, full-time graduate students on either campus may take graduate courses on the other campus without additional tuition.
- There is a tuition concession plan for eligible University faculty, staff, and spouses. For further information, consult your Human Resources Office:
• Bowman Gray Campus
• Reynolda Campus
University Financial Aid
Masters Students. There are a limited number of tuition scholarships, fellowships and assistantships available to qualified students. Applicants are considered for merit based university aid and are not required to complete additional paperwork. Applicants to the Interpreting and Translation Studies Program should follow the instructions listed on the ITS website for information on how to apply for financial aid. Early submission of applications is encouraged.
Doctoral Students. All doctoral students are considered for full financial aid in the form of a tuition scholarship and stipend for living expenses.
Hearst Scholarship. Hearst Scholarships are to be awarded to create and sustain underrepresented populations within the student body of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. All eligible applicants to graduate programs on the Reynolda campus will be considered.
Program-based Scholarships and Awards. These are available to enrolled students on the Bowman Gray campus on a competitive basis with nominations solicited by either the academic program or the Graduate School. They include:
- The Camillo Artom Scholarship
- The Herbert C. Cheung PhD Award
- The Sandy Lee Cowgill Memorial Scholarship Fund
- The Norman M. Sulkin Scholarship Fund
- The Lucy Robbins Fellowship Fund
External Financial Aid
Information on external financial aid may be obtained for students applying to academic programs on the Reynolda campus by contacting Mr. Thomas Benza in the Student Financial Aid Office at 336-758-5978 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or on the Bowman Gray campus by contacting Ms. Melissa Stevens, Financial Aid Director at 336-716-2893 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Students applying for financial aid must be in good academic standing.
Students are encouraged to access information from their local communities regarding private organizations and government agencies providing support for graduate study. Examples of some of these agencies are:
- U.S. Department of Energy Computational Sciences Fellowship
- U.S. Department of Defense National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship
- U.S. Department of Education Jacob K. Javits Fellowship
- U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration Harriett G. Jenkins. Predoctoral Fellowship
- The Ford Foundation
- National Science Foundation
- U.S. Ruth L. Kirschstein Predoctoral Fellowship Awards
- Veterans Administration Yellow Ribbon Program. We are pleased to announce that the Graduate School of Wake Forest University has been approved for participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program offered by the Veterans Administration to veterans who qualify under the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Details of eligibility and application procedures are found at the VA website. If you are eligible for this program and have or will apply for Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits, please contact Milton King (firstname.lastname@example.org) to initiate the certification process.
Federal and Private Loans
Persons interested in federal and private loans may obtain information at
Additional details are available in the Graduate School Bulletin.