Joint Degree & Certificate Programs: Reynolda Campus
Joint Degree with WF College
- BS/BA & MA (Bioethics) – WFU Undergraduate students only
Joint Degrees with WFU School of Law
Joint Degrees with WFU School of Medicine
Joint Degree with WFU School of Divinity
Joint Degree with WFU School of Business
The Graduate School also offers eleven certificate programs:
- Graduate Certificate in Bioethics
- Graduate Certificate in Biomedical Research Ethics
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Bioethic
- Interpreting and Translation Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Intercultural Services in Healthcare
- Graduate Certificate in Interpreting Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Translation Studies
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching of Interpreting
- Interdisciplinary Graduate Certificate Program in Medieval and Early Modern Studies (for English MA students)
- Structural and Computational Biophysics (with application to physics, chemistry, biology, biochemistry and molecular biology, computer science, or mathematics and statistics)
HVRC Training Activities
There are three active NIH or Department of Education-funded training programs focused on increasing diversity, sponsored by the Hypertension & Vascular Research Center:
- The first training grant is the “Excellence in Cardiovascular Sciences” (EICS) summer program for minority students. This program funded by NHLBI funds 12 positions for summer research experiences. This program has been in existence for over 20 years.
- The second program offered is the Post-baccalaureate Research Education (PREP) Scholars opportunity funded by the NIGMS and provides 1-2 years of research, coursework and GRE preparation to under-represented students seeking a career in research in the biomedical sciences.
- The third program provides opportunities for science majors to visit Brazil. The “Translational Biomedical Sciences Training For Underrepresented Minors” (TBS) program is for graduate and undergraduate students from WFU, WFSM, WSSU and NCCU to participate in independent study in Brazil and experience Brazilian culture and language. Brazilian students from partner institutions come to WFSM for a 4-6 month reciprocal exchange.