You and your career coach will develop an action plan which will support your job or internship search, including discussing your educational and professional history, future career goals, current concerns, and formulating recommendations for next steps. For Arts & Sciences students, appointments are available with Linda Whited as 30 min. or 60 min. and are scheduled by contacting Linda at email@example.com. Biomedical sciences students may schedule a meeting with Dr. Roper by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics for Career Coaching
- Identifying your strengths and talents
- Clarifying your personal “brand” that you uniquely offer to a prospective employer
- Refining and improving your resume, CV, statement of purpose or cover letter
- Networking in your field and identifying professional development opportunities
- Getting you ready for your upcoming interview
- Building your online presence with LinkedIn or online portfolios
- Assisting you in clarifying your career path and job search
About Your Career Coach
Linda Whited has 10+ years career counseling and coaching experience with graduate students, international students, adult learners and more. She is also a past president of the North Carolina Career Development Association. Her education includes a M.S. in Counseling from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and a B.A. in Public Relations from Eastern Kentucky University. Linda supports all Reynolda Campus students in her individual appointments.
Bernard Roper, PhD is the Experiential Learning and Internship Director for
Biomedical Graduate Programs at Wake Forest. He works closely with the Office of Professional and Career Development and ensures that students have access to those resources. He serves as the Admission chair for the Pre-health pathway in the Biomedical Science MS program and has years of experience advising students seeking careers in patient care. He also is our institutional representative for the Accelerate to Industry (A2i) program, designed for students seeking careers in industry. Dr. Roper received his Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Leadership Studies from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. He can be reached for individual appointments at email@example.com.