Admissions: Application Fee, Waivers, & Deadlines
The application fee is payable by credit card. Payment of the application fee is required in order to submit an application and is required with each application for admission you submit. Payment instructions are located at the end of the application process.
Application fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Wake Forest University reserves the right to change any of its website Privacy or Refund Policies at any time.
WFU Tuition Concession
If you or your spouse are employed by WFU, please go to the Human Resources Benefits page for more information regarding a possible concession: HR Tuition Concession.
Please notify the Graduate School at the time of application if you qualify for the tuition concession benefit.
Privacy and Refund Policy
Wake Forest University is committed to protecting your privacy. Information you provide us is used solely to process your payment. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
Based on Program Participation
If you have participated in one of the programs below within the last two years, you are eligible for an application fee waiver. The application fee waiver selection is located in the payment section of the online application.
NOTE: If you elect to request an application fee waiver during the submission process, you will be unable to re-enter your application to make a credit card payment at a later date.
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minorities Students (ABRCMS)
- Currently enrolled graduate students in the WFU Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (current degree requirements must be completed prior to re-entry into the Graduate School)
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students at WFU in the Neuroscience Minor
- Gates Millennium Scholar
- Institute for Recruitment of Teachers (IRT)
- Leadership Alliance Summer Research Early Identification Program
- Math Alliance Organization
- Mellon Minority Undergraduate Fellows Program
- Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC)
- Minority Biomedical Research Support Program (RISE)
- National Association of African American Honors Programs (NAAAHP)
- National College Advising Corps (NCAC)
- Organization of American States (OAS)
- Peace Corps
- Ronald McNair Postbaccalaureate Achievement Program
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Teach for America
- WFU Graduate School Summer Research Participants (EICS, TSI, WFIRM, Spelman)
- U.S. Military Veterans or Currently Serving in the U.S. Military
Contact your director/coordinator to request a letter verifying your participation in the program and the dates of your participation. The letter may be sent via email or hard copy from the authorizing official to the appropriate Graduate School Office.
Based on Financial Need
We also offer waivers to applicants currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program if they are able to demonstrate significant financial need (recipient of Federal Pell Grant, or NC Education Lottery Scholarship). You may contact your financial aid officer or the university registrar to request a letter verifying your financial need, or a copy of your financial award letter.
The letter may be sent via email or hard copy from the authorizing official to the Graduate School Office based on the master program or PhD Track to which you are making application.