Admissions: Other Needed Materials
Applicants are required to complete a Personal Statement for each application that is submitted. The statement should include information on any area of special interest within the program they have selected; previous experience while working or volunteering in a related field; and career plans as perceived at present. Special thought and consideration should be made to this statement.
The personal statement should be at least 1 page in length. The personal statement and C.V. / resume should be attached to the on-line application as a Word or pdf file. It is recommended to use font styles similar to Arial, GT Times or Times New Roman. Font size should not be smaller than 10 points, or larger than 12 points. Page margins should be 1″.
The personal statement is separate from a student’s resume and C.V. and the application will not be considered complete until the statement has been received.
Applicants are welcome to include a Resume or C.V. as a separate item. Please see Special Program Requirements to review instructions for those academic programs that require specific information contained within the personal statement and/or C.V.
Applicants may submit a statement of prior research experience. This statement should include your role in the research, description of your project and any outcomes. Please include information on any presentations or papers resulting from the project.
Special Program Requirements
In addition to the required personal statement, a number of our academic programs require supplemental material such as a writing sample. Please refer to the Special Program Requirements webpage for a complete list.
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
Wake Forest University
200 Brookstown Avenue, Suite 305
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Department of Counseling
Wake Forest University
P.O. Box 7406
Winston-Salem, NC 27109
Applicants for degree programs are required to submit three (3) letters of recommendation in support of each application submitted to the Graduate School.
Give careful consideration to each recommender that you select. These individuals should have personal knowledge of your academic qualifications; work related ethics; or experience interacting with you in a volunteer or community related activity.
Forms will be provided electronically to recommenders during the online process. Letters of recommendation may be addressed to “Dean of the Graduate School”.
All recommendations must be submitted electronically via the ApplyYourself online system. You will enter the names and contact information for at least three recommendation providers. Once the recommender information is saved in the online application, an email will automatically be sent to the recommendation provider with an access code and instructions on how to proceed with the online recommendation. It is recommended that you contact your recommenders to verify receipt of this email.
If for some reason the email was not received, you will be able to log back into your application and send a reminder email by checking the appropriate box beside the recommenders name on the “Recommendation” panel.
Please refer to the following guidelines when submitting academic transcripts:
- Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the review process and should be attached to the on-line application. Applicants are required to submit transcripts from each college or university attended or attending.
- ONLY after an offer of admission has been made and accepted will official final transcripts be required prior to August 1st. Final transcripts from institutions where you have received a degree are required to include your degree information (degree, date degree awarded and major).
- Submission of Official Transcripts
Transcripts must be received directly from your institution either by mail in a sealed envelope or electronically directly from your institution or a 3rd party credential service such as Parchment of National Clearinghouse.Transcripts should be sent to:
On Campus Programs:
firstname.lastname@example.org electronically or by mail to 200 Brookstown Avenue, Suite 305, Winston-Salem, N.C. 27101
Online Counseling Programs:
email@example.com electronically or by mail to P.O. Box 7487, Winston-Salem, N.C. 27109
- If submitting multiple applications, please attach an unofficial transcript(s) to each application.
- International applicants must submit transcripts which have been translated into English by their university, or a credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES) http://www.wes.org/. If a conferred degree is not on the transcript, then we will also require official copies of your degree certificate and/or diploma. NOTE: Transcripts, degree certificates and/or diplomas that have been translated by the student will not be accepted.