NC Master’s and Doctoral Career Fair
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
12:00pm – 4:00pm
Friday Center in Chapel Hill, NC
All Master’s and Ph.D. level students are invited to attend! This career fair will feature employers interested in hiring the best, most qualified candidates for their companies. This event typically draws over 500 advanced degree candidates. It is a great opportunity to learn about internships, postdoctoral, and full-time positions.
Who’s going to be there?
Currently there are 40+ employers and the list will continue to grow. Preview the 2019 Employer List: Click here
A few will host mini-information sessions during the event. That list will be available on the website soon. For more information, please see the NC Master’s and Doctoral Fair website.
*New* “Behind the Scenes: Chat with HR”
This educational session is held from 11:00-11:45am (before the career fair begins at 12:00pm) at the Friday Center. The conversation with HR representatives is an educational and interactive gathering where you will hear from employers who will share information about the various ATS systems and how they work, discovering trends in interviewing, and gaining general recommendations for the application and interview process. Limited seating available, so sign up early via this link! Register by: November 1st.
Prepare for the Career Fair:
- Business professional attire is strongly encouraged; try on clothes the night before
- Food will not be served at the fair, so please plan accordingly
- The doors will open for students promptly at 12:00pm. Plan to arrive toward the beginning and give yourself time to see everyone on your list (there may be lines for the representatives)
- Make your short list to visit while at the fair. Develop at least two well thought out questions to ask each representative.
- Be open to speaking with other companies you didn’t plan for. Attend info sessions to gain additional knowledge.
- Develop and practice a strong pitch to introduce yourself
- Take care of yourself! Get good rest the night before and eat breakfast.
- Bring several copies of your *reviewed resume, paper, and a pen for notes.
- Draft a thank you template email to be adapted later for each representative you meet.
The event will be held at The Friday Center in Chapel Hill, NC.
Event directions and parking information: https://fridayconferencecenter.com/about/.
Students who are interested should register for the event.
If you are interested in carpooling to the event, please fill out this form.
Questions? Contact Linda Whited at email@example.com
- May 27, 2020
- “Breaking the Barriers”: ITS Faculty and Students Provide Remote Interpreting and Translation Services for Harvard China Education Symposium 2020April 27, 2020
- April 1, 2020