Attention Graduate Students!
- Two HUGE recruiting events coming up and how to be prepared
- A prep session for the WFU Career Fair
- Job Search Strategies for Grad Students upcoming workshop
- Link to jobs and internship postings
Diversity Matters and the Student-Athlete Career Development and Networking Night have been merged into one amazing event this Spring. Currently, 25 employers will be recruiting and have said they are looking for diverse talent and student-athletes from WFU. There is a reason this event is nationally recognized; it has consistently put eager employers in connection with WFU students. Attendees leave with not only a sense that there is room for them to be their authentic selves in the workplace, but also with an expanded qualified networking, and sometimes with an interview! Students who plan to attend this event must register by noon on Jan. 28. for this event on Feb. 2nd @ 6:30pm EDT
Career Fair!! Wednesday, February 3 | 2 – 6PM
Register now! You don’t want to wait. Ensure your spot with the employer(s) you want to meet. 1:1 slots fill up fast!
5 Must-Dos for Career Fair Prep
- Polish and tailor your resume. Use our professional template. Create impactful accomplishment statements using strong action verbs. Think action > project > result/purpose when creating your statements. Always align your resume with the position. Speak their language.
- Research, research, research. Review the list of organizations and determine which ones you want to meet. Explore their websites to educate yourself on their history, key executives, products/services, clients, and values/mission/vision. Craft 3-5 questions to start the conversation, and show motivation and interest in the company.
- Craft your professional introduction. Draft your professional introduction. You want to be able to succinctly share who you are (class year, major), recent experiences (deliver your skills and impact related to what they are looking for), how the organization aligns with your values, and Practice makes better.
- Attend the Career Fair Prep session on Wednesday, January 27 at 4pm. Review the strategies listed above plus learn how to navigate virtual meetings like pro and practice your introduction. Register on Handshake.
- Register for the Career Fair – Early! Don’t wait! Ensure your spot with the employer(s) you want to meet. 1:1 slots fill up fast!.
Ask your questions and get guidance on this virtual career fair. This Zoom session is 1/29 at 10am. RSVP to get the link. Sign up here
Looking to be hired by May? This session is for you to create a strategy and learn the best practices for getting to an interview faster. This Zoom session is 2/1 at 8pm. RSVP to get the link. Sign up here
Access your Handshake account now to see internships, jobs and events. Fill out your profile and see suggested opportunities. Log in now
Categories: Professional Development
- August 4, 2021
- May 21, 2021
- May 12, 2021